The atheist community has a problem with women. Every time a woman has some complaint about how they're being treated at atheist gatherings, the following comments generally fall into one of these categories:
- Complaints about personal treatment by feminists.
- Complaints about details of ElevatorGate that don't have any bearing on the general problem.
- Complaints from men about the treatment of strong women who don't need any help standing up to men but somehow need help in standing up to fellow women.
Dammit! You don't represent all women so you can't make any generalizations at all! (Of course, the entire Reason Rally consisted of generalizations of some sort. Those are okay.)
- If I can't drunkenly proposition women in an elevator at 3am, then I just can't ever proposition women!
- And finally, I think we should objectively look at the risks and appropriate responses here. As a 6 foot tall straight white male, I have the best idea what those are!
Nobody squeals as loudly as someone having their unearned privilege threatened.
No comments yet!